Some Hampton Roads hospitals get low ratings for common surgical procedures
Many hospitals gather information on how patients fare after surgery, but it’s not typically available to the public.
That can make it hard to compare hospitals when you’re scheduling surgery.
Consumer Reports just rated nearly 2,500 hospitals for common surgical procedures, using a source of information that is available — hospital-billing data. And some hospitals in Hampton Roads ended up with low ratings.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge