Some Hampton Roads hospitals get low ratings for common surgical procedures
Many hospitals gather information on how patients fare after surgery, but it’s not typically available to the public.
That can make it hard to compare hospitals when you’re scheduling surgery.
Consumer Reports just rated nearly 2,500 hospitals for common surgical procedures, using a source of information that is available — hospital-billing data. And some hospitals in Hampton Roads ended up with low ratings.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years