Some Hampton Roads hospitals get low ratings for common surgical procedures
Many hospitals gather information on how patients fare after surgery, but it’s not typically available to the public.
That can make it hard to compare hospitals when you’re scheduling surgery.
Consumer Reports just rated nearly 2,500 hospitals for common surgical procedures, using a source of information that is available — hospital-billing data. And some hospitals in Hampton Roads ended up with low ratings.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested