Some Hampton Roads hospitals get low ratings for common surgical procedures
Many hospitals gather information on how patients fare after surgery, but it’s not typically available to the public.
That can make it hard to compare hospitals when you’re scheduling surgery.
Consumer Reports just rated nearly 2,500 hospitals for common surgical procedures, using a source of information that is available — hospital-billing data. And some hospitals in Hampton Roads ended up with low ratings.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- UPDATE: Cargo ship runs aground in Virginia Beach; crews to start salvage plan Friday
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call