Extra police patrolling streets in Hampton
Hampton, Va. – Hampton police are hoping a new crime fighting effort will help reduce violence.
Expect to see extra patrols on the streets of Hampton today.
Police launched an effort on Monday to crack down on crime in response to a number of violent crimes recently.
The most recent happened Saturday when a man was shot and killed on Milford Avenue.
Police say there have been five shootings on Milford Avenue, Shell Road, and Childs Avenue.
Two young children were shot on Childs Avenue earlier this month.
As part of the new effort, police will place a mobile command center around the city. Officers will also be patrolling the city on bikes, going to door to door, and using officers from other units.
They also encourage residents to be vigilant and report any suspicious activity.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom