Man found lying on Jefferson Ave with serious injuries
A 41-year-old man is in the ICU after being found lying partially on the sidewalk in the 1600 block of Jefferson Avenue with serious injuries on Friday.
Police officers found the man lying on sidewalk and street during a routine patrol. They say the man had apparent facial injuries and was unresponsive and bleeding from the head.
Officers searched the area but found no one who could tell them what happened.
The man remains in the hospital with serious but non life-threatening injuries. He is being uncooperative in the investigation.
Police continue to canvass the neighborhood to attempt to locate any witnesses of the incident which is currently being investigated by the Robbery Unit.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship