Man found lying on Jefferson Ave with serious injuries
A 41-year-old man is in the ICU after being found lying partially on the sidewalk in the 1600 block of Jefferson Avenue with serious injuries on Friday.
Police officers found the man lying on sidewalk and street during a routine patrol. They say the man had apparent facial injuries and was unresponsive and bleeding from the head.
Officers searched the area but found no one who could tell them what happened.
The man remains in the hospital with serious but non life-threatening injuries. He is being uncooperative in the investigation.
Police continue to canvass the neighborhood to attempt to locate any witnesses of the incident which is currently being investigated by the Robbery Unit.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!