Man found lying on Jefferson Ave with serious injuries
A 41-year-old man is in the ICU after being found lying partially on the sidewalk in the 1600 block of Jefferson Avenue with serious injuries on Friday.
Police officers found the man lying on sidewalk and street during a routine patrol. They say the man had apparent facial injuries and was unresponsive and bleeding from the head.
Officers searched the area but found no one who could tell them what happened.
The man remains in the hospital with serious but non life-threatening injuries. He is being uncooperative in the investigation.
Police continue to canvass the neighborhood to attempt to locate any witnesses of the incident which is currently being investigated by the Robbery Unit.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel