Suffolk couple rescued after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning from gas grill
Suffolk, Va. – Suffolk Fire and Rescue responded to the home of Mona and Kenneth Hendrickson on Wigneil Street shortly before 1:00pm Saturday.
Kenneth Hendrickson called 911 to report he and his wife weren’t feeling well. Hendrickson also called a friend who stopped by the house and found him in a confused state.
The couple was suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Firefighters arrived and found the wife collapsed on the floor in the bathroom semi-conscious.
The Hendricksons were rushed to the hospital to undergo treatment in a hyperbaric chamber.
Firefighters determined that the gas grill the couple had cooked on Friday night had been left on accidentally overnight. After being brought into the garage it filled the home with a dangerously high level of carbon monoxide.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach