Suffolk couple rescued after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning from gas grill
Suffolk, Va. – Suffolk Fire and Rescue responded to the home of Mona and Kenneth Hendrickson on Wigneil Street shortly before 1:00pm Saturday.
Kenneth Hendrickson called 911 to report he and his wife weren’t feeling well. Hendrickson also called a friend who stopped by the house and found him in a confused state.
The couple was suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Firefighters arrived and found the wife collapsed on the floor in the bathroom semi-conscious.
The Hendricksons were rushed to the hospital to undergo treatment in a hyperbaric chamber.
Firefighters determined that the gas grill the couple had cooked on Friday night had been left on accidentally overnight. After being brought into the garage it filled the home with a dangerously high level of carbon monoxide.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam