UPDATE: Man arrested in Hope Avenue homicide in Virginia Beach
UPDATE: Police arrested 25-year-old William Anthony Davis of the 100 block of Burford Avenue in Virginia Beach. He is charged with Murder and Use of a Firearm. Davis remains in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond. The victim and suspect were acquaintances, police say.
Virginia Beach, Va. – Virginia Beach police are investigating after a man was found shot to death on Hope Avenue early Thursday morning.
An officer was on routine patrol in the Atlantis apartment complex when the officer heard a gunshot and found a 20-year-old man in the street.
The victim was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The victim has been identified as Donte D. Hines of the 3600 block of Chimney Creek Drive in Virginia Beach.
Police are investigating this shooting as a homicide; stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom