Dorian downgraded to a tropical wave
We’re saying good-bye to Dorian in the tropics for now.
Dorian has weakened into a tropical wave about 550 miles east of the northern Leeward Island because of its interaction with strong wind shear and very dry air.
At this time, there is a very low chance of Dorian regenerating into a tropical system, but we will continue to keep an eye on it in the Live VIPIR Forecast Center.
The system now has maximum sustained winds of 40 mph.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship