Dorian downgraded to a tropical wave
We’re saying good-bye to Dorian in the tropics for now.
Dorian has weakened into a tropical wave about 550 miles east of the northern Leeward Island because of its interaction with strong wind shear and very dry air.
At this time, there is a very low chance of Dorian regenerating into a tropical system, but we will continue to keep an eye on it in the Live VIPIR Forecast Center.
The system now has maximum sustained winds of 40 mph.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's