Dorian downgraded to a tropical wave
We’re saying good-bye to Dorian in the tropics for now.
Dorian has weakened into a tropical wave about 550 miles east of the northern Leeward Island because of its interaction with strong wind shear and very dry air.
At this time, there is a very low chance of Dorian regenerating into a tropical system, but we will continue to keep an eye on it in the Live VIPIR Forecast Center.
The system now has maximum sustained winds of 40 mph.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified