Dorian downgraded to a tropical wave
We’re saying good-bye to Dorian in the tropics for now.
Dorian has weakened into a tropical wave about 550 miles east of the northern Leeward Island because of its interaction with strong wind shear and very dry air.
At this time, there is a very low chance of Dorian regenerating into a tropical system, but we will continue to keep an eye on it in the Live VIPIR Forecast Center.
The system now has maximum sustained winds of 40 mph.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations