Lightning strikes near Currituck County Jail causing outages
Currituck County, N.C. – The Currituck County Jail was experiencing some issues Wednesday night after lightning hit right near the building.
The sheriff told NewsChannel 3 the bolt didn’t strike the detention center but caused some outages around 7 o’clock.
Telephones and electronic doors lost connection.
No outside or cell doors were affected though.
Live VIPIR’s lightning tracker showed several strikes this evening.
Around 6 o’clock, there were 57 of them.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend