Lightning strikes near Currituck County Jail causing outages
Currituck County, N.C. – The Currituck County Jail was experiencing some issues Wednesday night after lightning hit right near the building.
The sheriff told NewsChannel 3 the bolt didn’t strike the detention center but caused some outages around 7 o’clock.
Telephones and electronic doors lost connection.
No outside or cell doors were affected though.
Live VIPIR’s lightning tracker showed several strikes this evening.
Around 6 o’clock, there were 57 of them.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam