Coast Guard assists 5 from boat taking on water near Bogue Inlet, NC
Five people were rescued from a 22-foot disabled boat that was taking on water Tuesday at the entrance to Bogue Inlet near Swansboro, N.C.
The boat owner called Coast Guard Sector North Carolina watchstanders around 2:00 p.m. Tuesday to report the boat was taking on water.
Coast Guard crews were dispatched aboard at 24-foot Special Purpose Craft – Shallow Water and a 45-foot Response Boat and arrived approximately 15 minutes later.
The boat was pulled to safe water and the people were transferred from the disabled boat before crews began dewatering efforts.
The Coast Guard removed about 150 gallons of water before towing the boat to Cedar Point Wildlife Ramp in Cedar Point, N.C.
There were no reports of injuries.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales