Bush 41, security detail, shave heads to show solidarity with young cancer patient
(CNN) — Last week, former President George H. W. Bush had a full head of hair when he gave President Barack Obama a pair of socks. Today, it’s gone, shaved to the scalp in solidarity with a young cancer patient.
According to a statement from a spokesman for the 41st president, Bush shaved his head after members of his Secret Service detail shaved theirs, meant to show solidarity with Patrick, the two year-old son of one of the detail who is battling leukemia.
At 89, Bush shaved his head this week after making a donation to Patrick’s leukemia treatment. Bush and his wife Barbara lost their second child, Robin, to the disease six decades ago at the age of four.
According to the release, the security detail is also organizing a motorcycle benefit run next month that will ride through the Maine countryside and host a lunch and silent auction to raise money for Patrick’s treatment.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time