150 pound baby giraffe has a name
Norfolk, Va. – The Virginia Zoo finally named their baby giraffe.
“Kellen” is the name that Zoo staff, members, and social media followers decided on for the 150 pound 2-month-old.
The vote was held after the Zoo asked people to submit ideas for names on a web-based survey, which attracted more than 4,000 participants.
115 people submitted the name “Kellen”, and a randomly selected person from those 115 will receive a $200 shopping spree at the Zoo’s gift shop.
As for Kellen, the baby Masai giraffe born on June 6th resides in the Virginia Zoo’s Africa – Okavango Delta exhibit.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested