Large fire burns Smithfield home
Smithfield, Va. – Fire crews suspect lightning may be to blame for a fire that may have caused up to a million dollars in damage to a home in Smithfield Monday night.
The initial call for the blaze in the 300 block of Pagan Ridge came in at 8:11pm, Isle of Wight officials had to call in crews from other localities to fight the fire, which at one point shot flames through the roof.
The fire was finally brought under control at 3:25am, and crews remained on scene through the morning to prevent flare-ups.
No injuries were reported.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam