Large fire burns Smithfield home
Smithfield, Va. – Fire crews suspect lightning may be to blame for a fire that may have caused up to a million dollars in damage to a home in Smithfield Monday night.
The initial call for the blaze in the 300 block of Pagan Ridge came in at 8:11pm, Isle of Wight officials had to call in crews from other localities to fight the fire, which at one point shot flames through the roof.
The fire was finally brought under control at 3:25am, and crews remained on scene through the morning to prevent flare-ups.
No injuries were reported.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery