Large fire burns Smithfield home
Smithfield, Va. – Fire crews suspect lightning may be to blame for a fire that may have caused up to a million dollars in damage to a home in Smithfield Monday night.
The initial call for the blaze in the 300 block of Pagan Ridge came in at 8:11pm, Isle of Wight officials had to call in crews from other localities to fight the fire, which at one point shot flames through the roof.
The fire was finally brought under control at 3:25am, and crews remained on scene through the morning to prevent flare-ups.
No injuries were reported.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Update: Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'