JCC man accused of leaving two kids in hot truck while shopping
James City County, Va. – James City County Police say 24-year-old Ghaland Nadeau was out shopping while he left two small children alone in a hot vehicle at the New Town Shopping Center Saturday evening.
Police say Nadeau, from Elberon, VA, left his girlfriend’s 1-year-old girl and 3-year-old boy locked inside his black pickup truck with the windows rolled up for more than 20 minutes.
The temperature in Williamsburg at that time was over 90 degrees.
A shopper spotted the kids and tried to find Nadeau, but had no luck. The shopper called 911 around 5:20 that evening.
When officers got there, the 3-year-old was able to unlock one of the doors and police freed the kids from the sweltering truck.
When medics came, police say the children were alright, but sweating profusely.
Nadeau came out and told officers it was his truck. He was arrested and charged with
two counts of child abuse/reckless disregard of a life and two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
CPS was contacted and the mother of the children was contacted and came to pick them up.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time