Beach residents angry about overnight message from the city
Virginia Beach, Va. - We asked the question and so did you: Why did so many people in Virginia Beach get a call around 3:30 in the morning about a missing person?
We called police to find out if there was anything we could do to help find this missing person, but we were told it involves a runaway.
Then, we wanted to know why so many of you got a call about it in the middle of the night.
Many people are lighting up Facebook about it today.
They were not happy that they were woken up in the middle of the night.
On the Virginia Beach City government page, one person even says they could barely understand the message.
They also say they heard something about Lake Christopher, which isn’t even near where they live.
Many of those posts also show the call came from 385-3111, the number for Virginia Beach’s 311 Emergency Communications and Citizen Services.
Still, many just can’t understand why the alert was that important.
If something like this happens again, one woman says she’ll “call the city manager, the mayor and all city council members immediately after so they can be up and aware also.”
Officials tell NewsChannel 3 this incident is under review right now.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam