Lightning blamed for Beach house fire
Virginia Beach, Va. – Lightning is being blamed for sparking a fire at a home on King Bird Lane in Virginia Beach on Monday.
Anne Christian, the homeowner, says the power went out, she heard a loud boom, and the first thing that came to her mind was how glad she was that she wasn’t outside in the storm.
“I don’t know why that popped in my mind. I just started thinking about people who get hit by lightning,” Christian said.
In this case it wasn’t who got hit, but what. Christian heard the storm above her home, as she watched TV on the main floor.
“The fire alarm starts going on upstairs and I start smelling smoke so I run out of the house and I go around and I see flames,” Christian said.
Christian is now letting insurance take care of things. A bolt ripped her roof and fire and rain ate up her top floor. Many of her belongings were ruined.
“This definitely puts a little wrench into things,” Christian said.
The family dog was saved as Christian ran out, so was the cat. Unfortunately the feline got scared and is now missing.
Christian hopes the cat returns so she can get closer to getting back the life she had, before lightning struck her home.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's