Service dog rescued in Virginia Beach apartment fire
Virginia Beach, Va. – Crews responded to an apartment fire in Virginia Beach in the 5800 block of Newtown Arch, according to Virginia Beach Fire Department Spokesperson, Amy Valdez.
The call came in shortly after 2 p.m. on Monday, July 22. A caller reported smoke coming from the roof of the building; fire officials say a service animal was rescued.
As of 2:24 p.m., the fire has been declared extinguished; the fire was isolated to one apartment unit.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton