Service dog rescued in Virginia Beach apartment fire
Virginia Beach, Va. – Crews responded to an apartment fire in Virginia Beach in the 5800 block of Newtown Arch, according to Virginia Beach Fire Department Spokesperson, Amy Valdez.
The call came in shortly after 2 p.m. on Monday, July 22. A caller reported smoke coming from the roof of the building; fire officials say a service animal was rescued.
As of 2:24 p.m., the fire has been declared extinguished; the fire was isolated to one apartment unit.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found