Service dog rescued in Virginia Beach apartment fire
Virginia Beach, Va. – Crews responded to an apartment fire in Virginia Beach in the 5800 block of Newtown Arch, according to Virginia Beach Fire Department Spokesperson, Amy Valdez.
The call came in shortly after 2 p.m. on Monday, July 22. A caller reported smoke coming from the roof of the building; fire officials say a service animal was rescued.
As of 2:24 p.m., the fire has been declared extinguished; the fire was isolated to one apartment unit.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam