Service dog rescued in Virginia Beach apartment fire
Virginia Beach, Va. – Crews responded to an apartment fire in Virginia Beach in the 5800 block of Newtown Arch, according to Virginia Beach Fire Department Spokesperson, Amy Valdez.
The call came in shortly after 2 p.m. on Monday, July 22. A caller reported smoke coming from the roof of the building; fire officials say a service animal was rescued.
As of 2:24 p.m., the fire has been declared extinguished; the fire was isolated to one apartment unit.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship