Change of Command for USS Dwight D. Eisenhower
On Friday, July 19, there will be a Change of Command for USS Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Captain Stephen Koehler will relieve Captain Marcus A. Hitchcock as Commanding Officer of the USS Eisenhower in a shipboard ceremony.
Above is timelapsed video of the Ike returning earlier this month after completing a four and a half month deployment in support of maritime security operations and Operation Enduring Freedom.
Captain Hitchcock’s next duty assignment will be as the N-7 at United States Fleet Forces Command in Norfolk.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen