Dying dog found in burlap bag near Beach Municipal Center
Virginia Beach, Va. – A man made a disturbing find near the Virginia Beach Municipal Center on Thursday morning. He told police he found a dog in a burlap bag at the recycling bins.
Animal Control responded and found a Boston terrier that was suffering from a traumatic head injury. Officials believe the dog may have been 10 to 13-years-old. They also say the dog was extremely skinny and had a flea infestation.
The terrier had to be put down because of its injuries. The dog also had one of its eyes surgically removed previously.
This case is still under investigation.
If you know anything about this case that could help police, please call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video