Dying dog found in burlap bag near Beach Municipal Center
Virginia Beach, Va. – A man made a disturbing find near the Virginia Beach Municipal Center on Thursday morning. He told police he found a dog in a burlap bag at the recycling bins.
Animal Control responded and found a Boston terrier that was suffering from a traumatic head injury. Officials believe the dog may have been 10 to 13-years-old. They also say the dog was extremely skinny and had a flea infestation.
The terrier had to be put down because of its injuries. The dog also had one of its eyes surgically removed previously.
This case is still under investigation.
If you know anything about this case that could help police, please call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested