Is it hot enough to bake cookies and melt Popsicles?
With a heat advisory in place across Hampton Roads, it’s obvious that it’s pretty hot outside.
Temperatures were expected to reach 94 degrees on Thursday with a heat index soaring over 100 degrees.
With that in mind, NewsChannel 3 decided to put the an age-old experiment to the test…
We placed the cookies in a car around 2:00 p.m. when the outside temperature read 90 degrees.
The cookies “baked” until 5:30 p.m. They didn’t quite cook all the way through but we say it’s definitely doable!
We also set up a camera to see how long it would take to melt a Popsicle. The verdict? 15 minutes.
Watch the timelapse video here:Submit Your Photo
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified