Accused heroin dealer wanted in Portsmouth
Portsmouth, Va. - Portsmouth police are searching for an accused heroin dealer.
Investigators say 52-year-old Deangelo Canty was trying to sell heroin in the Park View neighborhood.
In December of last year, neighbors who live near Blair Street took action against crime, alerting police to possible drug deals.
Police say they confronted Canty and saw 24 capsules of heroin on the ground next to him.
But officers say Canty escaped before they could arrest him.
Police charged him with selling heroin because of the amount of drugs they found.
Police say he was right near Park View Elementary which added another charge of drug possession near a school.
Police are hoping you recognize him and call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales