Woman found naked on YMCA roof after allegedly biting worker in the face
Newport News, Va. – A 34-year-old woman is accused of biting a YMCA employee in the face and assaulting two others, including a nine year old, on Wednesday.
Calls came in to police at 7:04 p.m. about a woman who was naked on the roof at the Family YMCA on Warwick Blvd. Police say she was throwing items off the roof, and she broke a car windshield.
When police got there, they say the woman was threatening to jump off of the roof. They were able to get her down and she was then transported to the hospital for evaluation.
They say she asked to go inside of the YMCA to get a drink of water, but before she left she assaulted three people, including a little girl. Parents, who take their kids to the summer program at the YMCA, are concerned that could have been their kid.
“From the business aspect they are responsible just because security purposes,” says Christopher Jacobs.
Other parents told NewsChannel 3 they hope the YMCA will do something to prevent another event like this from happening again.
“The YMCA is about the community, so they open themselves up to the community, I just think they should be more cautious with security,” says Shonda Dawson.
NewsChannel 3 reached out to the YMCA about what happened, they have not returned our calls.
Police say after the woman is released from the hospital, she could be facing several charges.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge