Two arrested on charges related to grow house discovered in May
The Southampton County Sheriff’s Office arrested two men for their alleged involvement with a grow house found on May 28th.
The Sheriff’s Office also discovered parts of an illegal liquor still inside a home where they found the two men while serving a search warrant around 6:45 a.m. Wednesday morning.
The Sheriff’s Office says they were serving the search warrant at 34000 Monroe Road in order to look for documents relating to a marijuana grow operation they found in a home on Greenbriar Drive on May 28th.
During that bust, they seized 99 marijuana plants, loose marijuana, buckets, scales, a pistol and ammunition.
In Wednesday’s search, in addition to the parts of the illegal liquor still, a copy of the search warrant left at the Greenbriar home was also found.
Kyle Thorpe, 28, is charged with two counts of Sell & Distribute Marijuana, Conspire to Sell and Distribute Marijuana, Drug Sale within 1000 foot of School; Possession of a Gun with over one pound of Marijuana and Possession of Distilling Apparatus without a License.
Joel Hedgepeth, 27 is charged with four counts of Sell & Distribute Marijuana, Conspire to Sell and Distribute Marijuana, Drug Sale within 1000 foot of a School and Possession of Distilling Apparatus without a License.
Both are incarcerated in Southampton County Jail with no bond.
Related stories:Submit Your Photo
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth