Former Navy SEAL turned astronaut helps to make rescue in space
When York’s Chris Cassidy interviewed on NewsChannel 3′s morning show, little did we know we were talking to a guy who would help save the day in outer space.
Yesterday’s walk turned out to be anything but routine, when Cassidy noticed Parmitano’s helmet sprung a water leak that could have choked or drowned him.
It was the first time in years that a spacewalk came to such an abrupt halt.
Our local guy Chris Cassidy helped get Parmitano back inside to the safety of the space station.
When we spoke to him last February before he launched into space, he thought his biggest challenge would be getting used to weightlessness, again. But since he had been in space before, he was looking forward to being awe struck by the view.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested