11-year-old flown to hospital after being pulled from Beach neighborhood pool
Virginia Beach, Va. – An 11-year-old boy was flown to the hospital on Wednesday after he was pulled from a pool unconscious in Virginia Beach.
Beach officials tell NewsChannel 3 this happened in the 700 block of Alder Circle at a neighborhood pool.
Gall jumped in and rescued the boy. He says the 11-year-old was breathing once he got him out of the water.
Gall told NewsChannel 3 the child’s mother believed he was having a seizure when he went under.
When EMS arrived on the scene, the boy was flown to the hospital.
Rescue crews did not have to perform CPR because they say he was breathing the whole time.
CHKD says the boy is being held overnight for observation.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales