11-year-old North Carolina girl electrocuted in pool during swim practice
Lexington, N.C. – An 11-year-old girl was killed after an electric line fell near a pool where she was swimming on Tuesday along with two others.
According to Myfox8.com, the line snapped and fell near the parking lot while 11-year-old Lauren Cecil was still inside the pool.
The president of the swim club and another coach saw the wire and advised those swimming to get out of the pool for a minute
The other girls jumped out of the side where there was concrete, but Cecil grabbed a metal ladder when she was trying to get out.
The adults tried to rescue her, but they say the current was so strong they were also getting shocked. They used kick board to keep her head above the water until they could pull her out.
Click here to read more on MyFox8.com.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean