Video: Kids react to interracial Cheerios commercial
The Fine Bros. are one of YouTube’s popular content creators. They run a series called ‘Kids React’ showing children reacting to various viral videos.
This week’s choice? The now-viral interracial family Cheerios commercial.
While the videos chosen for the kids to view are typically laugh-inducing, this week’s material was a little different and prompted a disclaimer, a first for the series.
“This episode of Kids React will discuss the sensitive subject of racism and its impact on individuals, families and the world at large,” the disclaimer says.
“The opinions of children about these issues can give incredibly valuable insight into where our society really is and where we are headed as people.”
As you’ll see in the video, getting a reaction out of the kids proved difficult this time around.
Not because they were concerned about speaking openly about such a sensitive and incendiary topic – but because they simply had no idea why Cheerios commercial would upset anyone.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified