Crews battle two house fires in Aragona section of Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – Two homes burned in separate fires in the Aragona section of Virginia Beach today.
Crews responded to the first blaze fire in the 4700 block of Overman Avenue shortly after 9 a.m.
Firefighters say flames were coming from the home. A person and a dog were inside the home according to Amy Valdez of the Virginia Beach Fire Department. No injuries have been reported.
The fire, which apparently started in the garage, caused minor heat damage to a neighbor’s home.
The second blaze was reported at 1:10 in the 4900 block of Whitman Lane. All of the home’s occupants got out safely and fire officials say they are looking for a cat.
Fire officials say they do not believe to the two incidents are related.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave