Crews battle two house fires in Aragona section of Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – Two homes burned in separate fires in the Aragona section of Virginia Beach today.
Crews responded to the first blaze fire in the 4700 block of Overman Avenue shortly after 9 a.m.
Firefighters say flames were coming from the home. A person and a dog were inside the home according to Amy Valdez of the Virginia Beach Fire Department. No injuries have been reported.
The fire, which apparently started in the garage, caused minor heat damage to a neighbor’s home.
The second blaze was reported at 1:10 in the 4900 block of Whitman Lane. All of the home’s occupants got out safely and fire officials say they are looking for a cat.
Fire officials say they do not believe to the two incidents are related.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend