Person beaten in Virginia Beach store robbery
Virginia Beach, Va. – Police are investigating after a person was assaulted during a robbery Monday afternoon.
At 12:27 p.m., crews responded to a robbery at the Boost Mobile store located at 4221 Pleasant Valley Road. That’s in Pleasant Valley Marketplace.
Police say on the initial call to dispatchers, three suspects reportedly entered the store and “attacked” the victim.
Police say one suspect had a weapon and struck the victim with the gun. Suspects demanded money and merchandise.
The victim called 911 when the suspects ran away from the store.
NewsChannel 3 has learned the victim is 56 years old.
A maintenance man says he found the Boost Mobile worker laying on the floor with a torn shirt and that he had been hit in the head.
The extent of the victim’s injuries are unknown at this time.
Police are still searching for the suspects.
There are no descriptions of suspects at this time.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are released.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified