ODU student selected to U-21 Junior World Cup Field Hockey Team
Well one local athlete has been given the opportunity of a lifetime. ODU’s Kelsey Smither has been selected to the US U-21 Junior World Cup Field Hockey team where she will not only represent her school, but also her country.
Smither is a rising junior and will join an 18 team roster set to compete in Europe this summer. The event is held every four years. The junior world cup signifies the top international event for elite field hockey athletes under the age of 21.
The selection occurs over multiple events including the Women’s National Championship, The u-21 Women’s National Championship, the Futures Elite Championship, and Nationals Futures Championships. From those, 34 players were selected before being cut to 18.
She gets ready to leave for Germany soon to compete July 27 through August 4th.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified