Man rushed to hospital after being attacked by two pit bulls
Suffolk, Va. – It was a routine walk with his dog Sunday evening. That walk ended with gunshots, three dogs dead and Jerry Phillips in the hospital.
He had multiple lacerations, cuts and bruises and he says he already had a back injury which made it worse.
“The ring finger on this hand I probably won’t be able to use anymore because the bite went through the nerve,” says Phillips.
Jerry says when the pit bulls started attacking, he was knocked down into a ditch.
Police were called out. They say the pit bulls killed Jerry’s rat terrier Zippy. The police say they attempted to Taser the dogs to get them to stop attacking Jerry, but they would not stop.
“The dog started to turn on the police officer and that’s when they shot them,” says Phillips.
Jerry said his six-year-old son usually walked with him, and he is thankful the one night he did not come was the night of the attack.
NewsChannel 3 went by the house of the man who owned the two pit bulls today. He did not answer.
Police say the whole incident is still under investigation. There’s no word on whether charges will be filed.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home