IoW Sheriff’s Office says new grid deck, wet weather to blame for JRB crashes
The Isle of Wight County Sheriff’s Office say that they believe there is a connection with the newly-installed grid deck on the James River Bridge and all the reported crashes on the bridge that they have worked during wet weather.
The Sheriff’s Office wrote a letter to the Virginia Department of Transportation asking for a review of the new grid-deck installation.
The letter states that the IOWSO responded to 19 crashes this year on the bridge, 13 of which occurred on the grid-deck during wet weather.
They say the data does not include crashes reported to Virginia State Police but that there is definitely a distinct connection between the crashes, the grid-deck and wet weather.
VDOT says they are working with the Sheriff’s Office and that they have a two week deadline to come up with more safety measures for the grid-deck.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales