Virginia Beach man charged in community center burglary
25-year-old Tyrell Lamar Dawson
Virginia Beach, Va. – A man has been arrested and charged in the burglary of a Virginia Beach community center.
On Wednesday, July 10 at approximately 5:30 a.m., police officers and K9 units responded to an alarm at the Chimney Hill Community Center located at 800 Chimney Hill Parkway.
Officers arrived and found a broken window; they set up a perimeter around the building. A man left the building on his own and was taken into custody without incident.
Police found file cabinets rummaged through, but it appears no items were stolen.
The suspect is identified as 25-year-old Tyrell Lamar Dawson of the 800 block of Housman Court in Virginia Beach. He is charged with Burglary and Attempted Petit Larceny. He is currently being held without bond at the Virginia Beach Correctional Center.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Robbery suspect caught in Green Run by police K9