Virginia Beach man charged in community center burglary
25-year-old Tyrell Lamar Dawson
Virginia Beach, Va. – A man has been arrested and charged in the burglary of a Virginia Beach community center.
On Wednesday, July 10 at approximately 5:30 a.m., police officers and K9 units responded to an alarm at the Chimney Hill Community Center located at 800 Chimney Hill Parkway.
Officers arrived and found a broken window; they set up a perimeter around the building. A man left the building on his own and was taken into custody without incident.
Police found file cabinets rummaged through, but it appears no items were stolen.
The suspect is identified as 25-year-old Tyrell Lamar Dawson of the 800 block of Housman Court in Virginia Beach. He is charged with Burglary and Attempted Petit Larceny. He is currently being held without bond at the Virginia Beach Correctional Center.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel