“Zero Option” for troops
President Obama is seriously considering withdrawing all U.S. troops from Afghanistan by the end of 2014.
That’s according to a senior administration official.
The official’s comments came after the New York Times reported the Obama White House is looking at speeding up the troop withdrawal to the “Zero Option”.
That means leaving no troops in Afghanistan.
Until now, U.S. and Afghan officials had been discussing plans to keep a small force behind to fight insurgents and to train Afghan security personnel.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time