“Zero Option” for troops
President Obama is seriously considering withdrawing all U.S. troops from Afghanistan by the end of 2014.
That’s according to a senior administration official.
The official’s comments came after the New York Times reported the Obama White House is looking at speeding up the troop withdrawal to the “Zero Option”.
That means leaving no troops in Afghanistan.
Until now, U.S. and Afghan officials had been discussing plans to keep a small force behind to fight insurgents and to train Afghan security personnel.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'