“Zero Option” for troops
President Obama is seriously considering withdrawing all U.S. troops from Afghanistan by the end of 2014.
That’s according to a senior administration official.
The official’s comments came after the New York Times reported the Obama White House is looking at speeding up the troop withdrawal to the “Zero Option”.
That means leaving no troops in Afghanistan.
Until now, U.S. and Afghan officials had been discussing plans to keep a small force behind to fight insurgents and to train Afghan security personnel.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's