Virginia Beach is the fittest city in America – according to Facebook
Feeling fit at the Oceanfront? You’re not alone.
Facebook considers Virginia Beach the fittest city in America, beating out Colorado Springs and Austin to name a few.
The cities were ranked based on fitness-related mentions, check-ins and use of fitness apps over a period of three months in U.S. cities with at least 200,000 Facebook users.
Rounding out the top ten are:
2. Colorado Springs, Co;
3. Austin, Texas
4. San Antonio, Texas
5. Livingston, N.J.
6. Portland, Or.
7. El Paso, Texas
8. Oklahoma City, Ok.
9. Tacoma, Wash,
10. Albuquerque, N.M.
Other titles such as ‘Yoga City’ and ‘Weight Loss City’ were determined by having the most instances of life events such as “started a new sport” and “lost weight”.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen