Chantal weakens into a tropical wave
Chantal has weakened into a tropical wave. Jamaica and the Bahamas have canceled all tropical storm warnings.
The remnants of Chantal are expected to spread over Jamaica and eastern Cuba Wednesday night and Thursday into the Northwestern Bahamas and over or near Florida by Friday.
Localized coastal flooding is possible along portions of the south coast of Hispaniola.
The remnants of Chantal are expected to produce total rain accumulations of 3 to 6 inches over Hispaniola, Jamaica, Central and Eastern Cuba…and the Southeastern Bahamas. Isolated amounts of 6 inches are possible across southern portions of Hispaniola.
CNN contributed to this report
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk