Chantal weakens into a tropical wave
Chantal has weakened into a tropical wave. Jamaica and the Bahamas have canceled all tropical storm warnings.
The remnants of Chantal are expected to spread over Jamaica and eastern Cuba Wednesday night and Thursday into the Northwestern Bahamas and over or near Florida by Friday.
Localized coastal flooding is possible along portions of the south coast of Hispaniola.
The remnants of Chantal are expected to produce total rain accumulations of 3 to 6 inches over Hispaniola, Jamaica, Central and Eastern Cuba…and the Southeastern Bahamas. Isolated amounts of 6 inches are possible across southern portions of Hispaniola.
CNN contributed to this report
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen