Chantal weakens into a tropical wave
Chantal has weakened into a tropical wave. Jamaica and the Bahamas have canceled all tropical storm warnings.
The remnants of Chantal are expected to spread over Jamaica and eastern Cuba Wednesday night and Thursday into the Northwestern Bahamas and over or near Florida by Friday.
Localized coastal flooding is possible along portions of the south coast of Hispaniola.
The remnants of Chantal are expected to produce total rain accumulations of 3 to 6 inches over Hispaniola, Jamaica, Central and Eastern Cuba…and the Southeastern Bahamas. Isolated amounts of 6 inches are possible across southern portions of Hispaniola.
CNN contributed to this report
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’