Hampton University student dies after falling off Richmond bridge
Richmond, Va. – A 19-year-old Hampton University student has died after police say he fell from the Shockoe Valley Bridge on Friday morning.
Officials say the man fell around 2:30 a.m. on I-64 eastbound on the Shockoe Valley Bridge.
Police say the victim, Christopher A. Smith of Bowie, Maryland, became combative with other passengers inside of a vehicle. The driver stopped the car and Smith got out. He then fell from the bridge according to police.
He was found dead on 7th Street when crews arrived.
NewsChannel 3 spoke with students at Hampton University who say Smith was going into his junior year.
Students hope to have a memorial at the school for Smith in the next week.
Police are still investigating Smith’s death.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
Newschannel 3 spoke with students at hampton university who say smith was going into his junior year.
Students hope to have a memorial at the school for smith in the next week.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery