Crews complete repair to cave-in at Virginia Beach Town Center
Update: Crews have completed the work to the cave-in on Market Street and it has reopened.
Virginia Beach, Va – Crews in Virginia Beach are now working to repair a cave-in on Market Street in Town Center in front of Gordon Biersch.
The restaurant is still open.
Market Street remains closed between Virginia Beach Boulevard and Bank Street while crews work.
Friday morning crews put a camera into the hole and reported seeing water. They have not identified the source of the water.
Crews believe this water may have caused the cave-in.
Heavy machinery was brought in to excavate the hole so that crews could reach the water main under the road.
Weather permitting, Virginia Beach officials hope to repairs complete and the road re-opened to traffic by Saturday, July 6.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery