Update: Man with autism missing in Virginia Beach found unharmed
Update: The man has now been located unharmed and he is now with his family.
Virginia Beach, Va. – Crews are now searching for a man with autism who they say walked away from a Ruby Tuesday on Virginia Beach Blvd.
The 34-year-old man was a customer who was with a caregiver at the time and he is from the Salem area of Virginia Beach.
He is described as a black male who is 6’0, he has short dark hair, brown eyes and was wearing a light green, short-sleeve shirt with print on the front. He was also wearing dark blue jeans and black shoes.
Police were told about the incident at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
They say the man has the mental capacity of a child but he is able to talk.
He does not have any form of identification with him and he does not have a cell phone.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more information.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- UPDATE: Cargo ship runs aground in Virginia Beach; crews to start salvage plan Friday
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call