Update: Man with autism missing in Virginia Beach found unharmed
Update: The man has now been located unharmed and he is now with his family.
Virginia Beach, Va. – Crews are now searching for a man with autism who they say walked away from a Ruby Tuesday on Virginia Beach Blvd.
The 34-year-old man was a customer who was with a caregiver at the time and he is from the Salem area of Virginia Beach.
He is described as a black male who is 6’0, he has short dark hair, brown eyes and was wearing a light green, short-sleeve shirt with print on the front. He was also wearing dark blue jeans and black shoes.
Police were told about the incident at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
They say the man has the mental capacity of a child but he is able to talk.
He does not have any form of identification with him and he does not have a cell phone.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more information.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations