Bedridden man beaten and robbed in Franklin
Franklin, Va. - A bedridden man was beaten and robbed Tuesday morning, Chief Deputy Drewery tells NewsChannel 3. The victim, 67-year-old Phillip Everette, is now being treated at Southampton Memorial Hospital.
The call came in at 7:45 a.m. Crews responded to the scene of the home invasion and robbery in the 31000 block of Carter Street in Franklin, Virginia.
Everette was in his bed with head injuries at the time of the incident; he is also paralyzed from the neck down. A home nurse found Everette suffering from lacerations to his face; he had been alone at the time of the incident, officials say.
The suspect got away with cash. Investigators have not yet identified the suspect.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are released.
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Washington and Lee student killed, 9 injured in crash
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says