Bedridden man beaten and robbed in Franklin
Franklin, Va. - A bedridden man was beaten and robbed Tuesday morning, Chief Deputy Drewery tells NewsChannel 3. The victim, 67-year-old Phillip Everette, is now being treated at Southampton Memorial Hospital.
The call came in at 7:45 a.m. Crews responded to the scene of the home invasion and robbery in the 31000 block of Carter Street in Franklin, Virginia.
Everette was in his bed with head injuries at the time of the incident; he is also paralyzed from the neck down. A home nurse found Everette suffering from lacerations to his face; he had been alone at the time of the incident, officials say.
The suspect got away with cash. Investigators have not yet identified the suspect.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are released.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains