Guadalajara now closed after one final night
Virginia Beach, Va. – Popular Virginia Beach restaurant Guadalajara is now closed, one week after a shooting outside left one person dead and four others wounded.
Owner Jerry Rodriguez told NewsChannel 3 he agreed with the decision, but was glad he got to thank all of his patrons one last time, calling the violence outside his restaurant unfortunate.
“Virginia Beach has been very supportive, and I am not the type of operator that is going to wait for something else to happen, I don’t do business like that.”
Three years ago another person was shot outside after leaving a party for Michael Vick.
Rodriguez also said his next endeavor will not include a night club, but he hopes to open up something new in the same spot as Guadalajara.
Police have not made any arrests in last week’s shooting.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen