Guadalajara now closed after one final night
Virginia Beach, Va. – Popular Virginia Beach restaurant Guadalajara is now closed, one week after a shooting outside left one person dead and four others wounded.
Owner Jerry Rodriguez told NewsChannel 3 he agreed with the decision, but was glad he got to thank all of his patrons one last time, calling the violence outside his restaurant unfortunate.
“Virginia Beach has been very supportive, and I am not the type of operator that is going to wait for something else to happen, I don’t do business like that.”
Three years ago another person was shot outside after leaving a party for Michael Vick.
Rodriguez also said his next endeavor will not include a night club, but he hopes to open up something new in the same spot as Guadalajara.
Police have not made any arrests in last week’s shooting.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations