43-year-old man shot in Norfolk driveway
Norfolk, Va. – Twenty-one-year-old Cartrell Darryl Ford is the man police say shot and killed 43-year-old Robert Hines, Jr. in a Norfolk driveway late Sunday night.
“I came out here to walk my dog and saw the police had it tape off from the corner to corner,” says a neighbor.
Neighbors tell NewsChannel 3 Hines lived in an apartment just feet away from where Ford was shot in his driveway.
“From my understanding, it’s not unusual for this area, but since I’ve been here it has been. I haven’t heard nothing. I’m from Michigan. This happens all the time where I’m from but like I said, I’ve never seen [it] happen around here,” a neighbor says.
When officers got here, they say they found Hines in his driveway.
He was taken to the hospital where he later died.
“I ain’t too shocked about it. Like I said, where I’m from back home it happens all the time. So it’s just, I don’t know. [It’s] just another day.
Police tell NewsChannel 3 they aren’t releasing a motive yet for the shooting but neighbors told tell us off-camera that they didn’t hear any arguing, just one gunshot.
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Washington and Lee student killed, 9 injured in crash
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says