Nearly 40 bones and other items found buried behind Surry County home
Surry County, Va. – A lower leg bone, a sock, and glasses are just a few of the things a search inventory says officers found behind Jeffery Sawyer’s Surry home this week.
It shows police spent four days digging and each day, they found more.
NewsChannel 3 exclusively told you this week about the affidavit that shows Jeffery’s wife, Jennifer Sawyer, told police she saw her husband kill a man court documents call “David Tyrone,” then shove his body in a sleeping bag and bury him behind their home.
In their backyard is exactly where police found around 40 bones, some in pieces and some still intact, including foot bones in a sock, a leg bone, and a tooth.
They also dug up blankets, a dog collar, pieces of eyeglasses and a green and white material. Inside the home, officers took swabs from eight red stains. Neighbors tell NewsChannel 3 Jeffrey and Jennifer both lived there with six children.
Police have yet to release if the bones belong to “David Tyrone” the man Jennifer Sawyer says her husband murdered.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship