Carnival Cruise Lines to leave Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – Carnival Cruise Lines announced Thursday that the Carnival Glory will remain in Miami year-round beginning in November, meaning Norfolk will no longer serve as a home port for the ship.
The ship previously operated Spring and Fall cruises to the Bahamas out of Norfolk’s $37.4 million Half Moone Cruise Center.
The decision means Norfolk will no longer have a homeported ship and will rely solely on port-of-call business.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'