Carnival Cruise Lines to leave Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – Carnival Cruise Lines announced Thursday that the Carnival Glory will remain in Miami year-round beginning in November, meaning Norfolk will no longer serve as a home port for the ship.
The ship previously operated Spring and Fall cruises to the Bahamas out of Norfolk’s $37.4 million Half Moone Cruise Center.
The decision means Norfolk will no longer have a homeported ship and will rely solely on port-of-call business.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen