Carnival Cruise Lines to leave Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – Carnival Cruise Lines announced Thursday that the Carnival Glory will remain in Miami year-round beginning in November, meaning Norfolk will no longer serve as a home port for the ship.
The ship previously operated Spring and Fall cruises to the Bahamas out of Norfolk’s $37.4 million Half Moone Cruise Center.
The decision means Norfolk will no longer have a homeported ship and will rely solely on port-of-call business.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!