Guadalajara’s restaurant to close in Town Center after last week’s shooting
Virginia Beach, Va. - Guadalajara’s Restaurant will close this Sunday night after a fatal shooting occurred in Virginia Beach’s Town Center last week.
One person was killed and four others were wounded during the incident.
40 employees will now lose their jobs after the closing on Sunday.
Jerry Rodriguez, the owner of Guadalajara’s Restaurant in Town Center released the following statement:
“I support and appreciate Armada Hoffler’s decision to close Guadalajara’s Restaurant effective at the end of business this coming Sunday night. In the aftermath of last week’s incidents, I had already decided to stop operating a dance club at the establishment. The closing of the restaurant itself will give the landlord and me an opportunity to research development of a new concept for the space, and I look forward to that.
I am disappointed for our 40 employees who have worked very hard to make Guadalajara’s an outstanding Mexican restaurant. I will do all I can to help them find new jobs.
Although there is still no evidence that Guadalajara’s or its customers had any involvement in last Sunday morning’s tragedy, I understand that change is necessary. As a restaurateur for the past two decades, I want to continue to be part of the Virginia Beach business community and to share my skills and talents with those patrons from across Hampton Roads who enjoy dining in Town Center on a daily and nightly basis.”
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel