Minor earthquake strikes eastern North Carolina
Kinston, N.C. – U.S. Geological Survey officials say a minor earthquake struck North Carolina on Monday morning. That’s according to a report from MyFox8.com via WITN.
According to WITN, the 2.1-magnitude quake was detected shortly after 7 a.m. on Sandy Foundation Road south of Kinston.
USGS officials say the earthquake occurred about three miles below ground.
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Accident involving school bus reported near Oceana Blvd.