Bodies found floating in water in Hampton, Virginia Beach
Bodies were found floating in the water in two area cities Saturday night.
In Hampton, a man’s body was found in the water near the Hampton VA Medical Center, according to police.
Someone called 911 around 7:40 p.m. after spotting the body floating in the water along Emancipation Drive.
Officers jumped in to try to save to the man, but he was pronounced dead on the scene.
Police say the death does not appear to be suspicious. The medical examiner will determine the cause of death.
In Virginia Beach, emergency communications received a call from someone at 8:05 p.m. saying that there was a body floating in Lake Edward.
According to police, the department’s Marine Patrol recovered the man’s body.
His identity and the circumstances and cause of death are not known at this time.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million