Man arrested after meth lab discovered in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – Neighbors woke up to Virginia Beach police, fire crews and HAZMAT teams bringing out chemicals from a suspected meth lab in a shed on Old Clubhouse Road.
That shed sits next to a park.
“I’m like What? A meth lab? Where our children play?! It’s full everyday with children and parents and to have that so close to family like that it’s unbelievable,” says neighbor Kim Chreene.
Police say someone called the station early this morning saying they should come check out the area.
Fire officials determined the chemicals found inside the shed weren’t explosive at the time but could be if mixed together.
NewsChannel 3 saw crews bring out jugs and other items packed up in containers.
Police arrested 34-year-old Jeffrey Todd Doerson. He has been charged with manufacturing methamphetamine and is being held in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond.
While an investigation is still underway, neighbors like Chreene, just can’t believe this would happen in their quiet community.
“How could this have happened right under our noses, right under our noses. It’s unbelievable.”
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time