New dress code banning afro puffs and braids sparks controversy at Ohio school
Cleveland, Ohio – A new dress code at one Ohio school has sparked outrage among those in the natural hair community.
The Lorain Horizon Science Academy sent a letter to parents banning afro puffs and small twisted braids according to msn.com.
Ironically, the letter also stated that hair must look natural, clean and well-groomed.
They also informed parents that boys’ hair is not permitted to touch the collar of their shirts and the administration could ask them to cut it if they think it’s necessary.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found