New dress code banning afro puffs and braids sparks controversy at Ohio school
Cleveland, Ohio – A new dress code at one Ohio school has sparked outrage among those in the natural hair community.
The Lorain Horizon Science Academy sent a letter to parents banning afro puffs and small twisted braids according to msn.com.
Ironically, the letter also stated that hair must look natural, clean and well-groomed.
They also informed parents that boys’ hair is not permitted to touch the collar of their shirts and the administration could ask them to cut it if they think it’s necessary.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom