New dress code banning afro puffs and braids sparks controversy at Ohio school
Cleveland, Ohio – A new dress code at one Ohio school has sparked outrage among those in the natural hair community.
The Lorain Horizon Science Academy sent a letter to parents banning afro puffs and small twisted braids according to msn.com.
Ironically, the letter also stated that hair must look natural, clean and well-groomed.
They also informed parents that boys’ hair is not permitted to touch the collar of their shirts and the administration could ask them to cut it if they think it’s necessary.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested