Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
Portsmouth, Va. – A 22-year-old Portsmouth man is behind bars after he allegedly beat the mother of his child and left the two-month-old boy in the woods as he fled from police.
Police were initially called out to Corprew Drive for a domestic dispute around 1:15am. The woman told officers that she was beaten by Ayrton Trannie Wright and police say she had contusions to her head and face.
Witnesses told police they say saw Wright running from the scene and into the woods on Turnpike Road. Eventually, officers caught up to Wright and he was taken into custody.
When police went back into the home, the woman told them that her two-month-old baby was missing. Police searched the woods and found the boy on the ground near a tree. The baby was not harmed and was taken back to his mother.
Wright is now in the custody of the Portsmouth Sheriff’s Office and has been charged with assault and battery, and abuse and neglect.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found