Local rappers compete in anti-violence rap contest
Norfolk, Va. – Some young rappers laid down their skills on the mic at The Attucks Theater in Norfolk on Saturday.
The Re-Up Rap contest, sponsored by Victory Life Church in Chesapeake, features young men who have beaten the odds and promotes anti-violence in the community.
The event is part of Hampton Roads recording artist No Malice’s initiative to stop violence.
The winner of the event receives studio recording time, a music video and a cash prize.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend