Traffic loop sensors to be installed on I-264W this weekend
Crews will install traffic loop sensors on I-264 westbound in all travel lanes beginning Friday night.
The installations will begin at 9:00 p.m. Friday night through 5:00 a.m. Monday.
Motorists traveling on I-264 westbound approaching the Downtown Tunnel from Norfolk will merge into one lane on the Berkley Bridge and will remain in one lane through the Downtown Tunnel continuing for approximately 150 yards beyond the tunnel exit.
To avoid delays, motorists should use the Midtown Tunnel or High Rise Bridge as alternate routes.
Motorists are encouraged to check the Elizabeth River Tunnels Project travel impacts page for the latest information on construction and roadwork that may affect travel. Motorists can also visit www.va511.org, call 511, listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680 or call the VDOT Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016 for current traffic and travel information.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million