Traffic loop sensors to be installed on I-264W this weekend
Crews will install traffic loop sensors on I-264 westbound in all travel lanes beginning Friday night.
The installations will begin at 9:00 p.m. Friday night through 5:00 a.m. Monday.
Motorists traveling on I-264 westbound approaching the Downtown Tunnel from Norfolk will merge into one lane on the Berkley Bridge and will remain in one lane through the Downtown Tunnel continuing for approximately 150 yards beyond the tunnel exit.
To avoid delays, motorists should use the Midtown Tunnel or High Rise Bridge as alternate routes.
Motorists are encouraged to check the Elizabeth River Tunnels Project travel impacts page for the latest information on construction and roadwork that may affect travel. Motorists can also visit www.va511.org, call 511, listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680 or call the VDOT Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016 for current traffic and travel information.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam